November 24, 2015

[Drawing] When two worlds collide


Perhaps you can also call this the "Rayque vs Rayque" drawing, because both my MapleStory character and my Rayquaza are named Rayque. If you haven't figured it out by now, my name Rayque is based on Rayquaza himself.

For a change, this drawing actually took five hours. Which is way more than my usual drawings (often below 3 hours). While I can draw my MapleStory character by memory, I still base all of my Rayquaza drawings on the official art
from Nintendo - I look closely to the proportions, and convert it into different poses than the source material (because the poses I seek to draw are rarely used on those).

I've tried to go back to black and white for this drawing, but I'm not really fond of the way I've written Rayque on
the top left - I'm still trying to figure out how to write it with just using markers, instead of pen/pencil or brushes.

It's drawn on A3 paper. I've only used a black pen and a few drawing markers.

By the way, I'm sorry for the inactivity on my blog. I only share things when there's something to share.
Not everything feels to be share-worthy - but I'm expecting at least two or three blogposts for December.
At least one huge game changing blogpost, so I hope you are as excited as I am!

That's it for today guys. I see you again next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment