October 06, 2015

[Lego] #8939 Lesovikk GET!


Whoohoo! Just got this goody from the mail. It's a sealed box of one of the more rare Bionicle sets from LEGO®; Lesovikk from 2007. Another one to tick off my never-ending Wanted List!

Man, this is actually a tough one to get, especially in a sealed box. Not "tough" as in "overpriced", because that wouldn't be an issue for me. But "tough" as in: it's a tough one to find for sale compared to the usual amounts of a set when you browse the internet for one.

Some people may ask why I get sealed boxes... it's especially because of the condition I want a set to be in.
Bionicle sets starting from the Mahri Nui series until the end of the original Bionicle line (approx. between 2007 to 2010) are infamous for having issues with lime-based ball joint pieces and other uncommon colours to crack.
Next to that, sets starting from Metru Nui (approx. 2004) are known to get bite marks on specific parts easy.

So yeah, purely just to get a mint set (or close to new), I have to base on the set's inventory if I either go sealed box or used - which often ends up in going sealed. For me the box doesn't have to be in crisp condition.
I'm totally fine with shelf wear, as long as the box itself is sealed so the bagged parts inside get minimal wear from different environments.

Word of advice: getting an used set from an "adult collector" doesn't have to say everything by the way...
It's a mistake I've made several times before. Ah well, you pay for the condition isn't it?

That's it for today! I'll see you guys again next post.

1 comment:

  1. yes, paid about 190 AUD for a new one that came from US, so hard to find these things

    ReplyDelete