May 01, 2015

[Drawing] Actually one I made a month ago...


One month ago? Why not uploading back then? I was not sure if I would upload this on my blog or not. Ah well.

I was slightly bored at school so I decided to draw this. Drawing goes the best for me when I'm bored. Since I rarely get bored at home, I often do these at school lol. It's drawn on A3 paper, only using a black pen with some blue pen highlights. This drawing didn't take that long, near to an hour.

So I'm still trying to practice several different poses I haven't done before, in this case, my character looking back to the drawer. The shoulders were actually the hardest for me to position and it's slightly off with the head. I think that if I would make the character in the back lean slightly forward with his back and head it would look more natural. At least the size of the Ribgol Sword is better than I used to draw it, consider the length of it in-game is longer than yourself. I often draw Ribgol either smaller or just very similar in length as the character who wields it.

In the past I worn this suit before my infamous bamboo hat
that most people know me today from. Because these
footages are not available anymore to the public, I decided
to add this in the Retroperspective that acts as our Channel Intro.
I haven't really drawn many "Lionsuits" as I call it (the suit you see on the left on the drawing is actually one I worn in the past in MapleStory - see the image on the right) and I think this one is far from one of my better drawn ones. The suit is a combination of the "Chinese Lion Costume" and "Chinese Lion Hat" NX equips. I think that the face of the suit is not "off-set" enough, consider in-game you are really inside the mouth of the lion instead of having one on your head. The upper jaw actually functions similar to the "duck" of a cap and I think that my drawing doesn't mimic that enough. I might wanna practice also drawing the face proportions "properly".

Yes I am aware that the Chinese Lion Costume has four legs. How that works with a single person? Who knows? Ask the same about the Centaur costume (a similar-functional NX equip) that also works like that. But yeah, I draw these with two legs instead. Deal with it. Why don't I wear the costume today? It hasn't been re-released since the Big Bang update and the ones I had expired so, I haven't had the chance to get a new one (that doesn't expire). I will pick one up whenever it comes back though!

I would love to draw more action poses like one I made two years ago, but that might take a while to practice. I think that a good start would be drawing small doodles from all the Hero skills I have / used to have (RIP Ground Smash, Power Strike and Coma... - I hope that they will bring back Coma as a 5th job Finisher that functions as a bind skill, it actually has been an useful skill back then consider it was one of the few skills in the game where stuns would not be removed with the next melee hit...). Gotta love the font of my in-game name on my drawing though!

That's it for today, I'll see you guys next post!

2 comments:

  1. Hey rayque it's me Cepteus from MapleStory! :D nice artwork, i can recognize you ;) reading your blog is super fun! keep it up, you're awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Cepteus, great to hear from you! I'm glad reading my blog is worth your time. I've been busy with a large blogpost the past few days (LEGO® Inside Tour) - I still need some time to finish it.

      How're you doing? Any plans for getting back to EMS soon?

      Delete