April 12, 2015

[TF2] First Hale's Own Strange!


Hi guys! It has been quite a while since my last Team Fortress 2-related blogpost.
Just a few minutes ago, I reached my first Hale's Own Strange weapon!

It's the Grenade Launcher for the Demoman class, that (Strange-variant) one I've been using for several years now. I traded it back when the Salvaged Crate 30 was still available in-game, and it was also my very first Strange-variant weapon I traded for in the game. Shortly after, I got my Ullapool Caber, but that will be for another post to talk about.

Strange-variant weapons in Team Fortress 2 track specific stats while using them. Occasionally they "Rank Up" after a fixed amount of kills (some weapons track different stats in order to Rank Up*), with Hale's Own being the last rank up after defeating 8500 (!) players. Extra counters (such as buildings destroyed, total damage dealt, etc) have been added much later, hence why some of my counters are far behind the kill counter.

The next one that will probably reach Hale's Own will be my Stickybomb Launcher, but that might take a while...
That's it for now guys, until next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment