February 14, 2015

[EMS] Legendary Ability GET!

Hi guys! I finally managed to obtain the Legendary Ability! Geez, this took a while didn't it?

When Aswan got released in 2012 for EMS - the Inner Ability system was released with it. Since then, I've been trying to get my hands on the "Attack Speed Increase" without success - after more than 200 Circulators I didn't have any luck.

Back then, your ability would be similar to "Cubing", as in that it would require Circulators in order to get any changes in the line. In addition to that, instead of having the infamous "Rare/Epic/Unique/Legendary" system, all Ability lines were based on a rank from D to S. So certain lines were only available from S-Ranks, including the "Attack Speed Increase". The amount of effect that you could get on a line was based on your Honor Level, which was levelled through playing Aswan.

Three lines required Level 60 Honor, which required some heavy time investment in Aswan. You could get all possible lines from those Circulators - but you would just need some luck to obtain some good S-ranks. Which I didn't...

After the Unlimited Update, released in 2013 for MapleStory Europe, the Ability system was changed. The ranks were changed into "Rare/Epic/Unique/Legendary". Based on your highest rank before the Unlimited patch you would start with either Rare/Epic/Unique or Legendary. You'll be able to change these lines with a new Circulator. Unfortunately this Circulator was only able to go up to Unique (and in addition to that, the rank could drop as well) - to get to Legendary or to shuffle Legendary ability you'll need to have Cash Shop Circulators. Though, you could get three Ability lines if you became Level 70 on your character, which was a major improvement. Honor Level still existed but Circulators were obtained mostly from Honor Medals, so raising your Honor Level became much more easier than just needing to play Aswan.

Basically I started with Epic because my highest rank was something near to C. I wanted to test if you could get Attack Speed Increase between Rare and Unique, but after 400 Circulators - no luck. Back then, it wasn't confirmed by the community that "Attack Speed Increase" was only available for Legendary... I felt so stupid that I didn't have a S-rank before the patch arrived, because you would only get Legendary instantly if you had at least one S-rank. People complained on the official EMS forums about the need to use Cash Shop Circulators because they had Legendary - but they didn't really see that the people who didn't have a S-rank were screwed over the hardest. Imagine that you'll need some serious amount of Cash Shop Circulators to get to Legendary if you started at Unique - so if you already had Legendary, well you basically saved yourself from some major b/s.

In the end I had to wait until the You & I update that was eventually released in EMS in December 2014. This update would reorganize the "Circulator" system and remove the Honor Levels so you could get the maximum effect. Shuffling was based on Honor EXP, which was obtained through Honor Medals. You can get to Legendary with Honor EXP, so there's no need for any Cash Shop-related things. A shuffle cost 100 Honor EXP, so you would just need between 10 and 20 Honor Medals to shuffle. That actually sounds amazing, and it still is - consider that when you would do daily Kerberos in MapleStory Europe - you'll get 180 Honor Medals a day, which gives approximated 70~80 shuffles a week! Even though the ranks could still drop and rank up and that the chances for raising was quite low, for me it still felt like a fair improvement consider that you can obtain Legendary "free" as well.

So, since December I've been casually farming Kerberos every day and I still do - even though it required me to do this for three months in order to obtain Legendary Ability. It took me a whopping amount of 1982 Shuffles to obtain Legendary, but don't worry. I'm happy to see that a lot of friends only needed about 300~400 - it's just my typical luck that it would take me a lot more. If you are a frequent reader on my blog, you should be aware of my "typical luck". Let's say that the most burden is from my shoulders, consider that the path to Legendary is more effort consuming compared to what is up next.

What's going to happen now? Well, now it's time to get the Ability lines I'm interested in! My main interest is the "Attack Speed Increase', and I'm also interested in 30% Critical Rate and +1 Monster Hit with multiple-enemies-hit-skills. This will probably be the three I'll be using, and depending on what 5th job might give, I might drop some of these lines and take something else - that's something that's actually convenient about Inner Ability - you can seal lines you want to keep.

That's it for today guys! I'll keep you up to date about the Inner Ability progress. Keep in mind that one Shuffle now takes about eight days to prepare. Have a great Valentinesday and until next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment