September 30, 2014

[EMS] 7 Years!


Hi guys! Today it's my 7th anniversary of playing MapleStory Europe!

Seven years ago, I created my Hero "Rayque" and I haven't quitted since that day. Nor I did create any other potential mains if I'd ever got bored from my Hero. Having calculated to have reached 10.000 hours of playtime at the start of this year, it's still increasing impressively.

Most people might wonder how the hell am I able to play my Hero for 7 years streak. There are two easy reasons why I managed to play this long: taking my sweet time and having fun. I believe that most gamers quit a game too often because they tend to rush things. With rushing I meant leveling, improving their damage too quickly or reaching the game's limit in several months. By rushing in the game you'll probably end up becoming bored soon enough.

And if you want to know - I'm not a person in MapleStory who logs in to sit in Henesys or Free Market all day. I actually dislike Henesys and Free Market, I only go there to meet friends or trading/browsing the community market. I just do other things.

You might remember from older posts on this blog that I manage to fill in my time pretty well with all kinds of activities in the game. I don't have a consistent path of activities I do every day. In fact, it actually changes every year. I've done over 3500 (!) quests on my Hero, I've obtained even the Crazy Hyena mount, Level 5 Soul Driver, completed Neo Tokyo, and many more. If I would click my "Completed Quests" tab MapleStory Europe crashes with a runtime error. Some of my Traits are almost Level 90 or already above it, and yet I don't even daily farm for them. I have done Party Quests like "Escape!" 80 times, "Kenta in Danger!" 156 times, "Dragon Rider" 257 times, and even "Resurrection of the Hob King" almost 800 times (includes approximated 200x 15 minutes and 583x 5 minutes each). I don't allow myself to become bored, and I genuinely find enjoyment in doing all kinds of things in MapleStory.

I think that you shouldn't limit yourself with damage craving and just sitting in Henesys/Free Market... there are a lot of things you can do that enables you years of fun on a single character. It really depends on what kind if person you are - I'm sure you'll know exactly how large MapleStory is and how much content there is available. It's more than you can do in a year, maybe not even two. A lot more. However, will you allow yourself to drop the feeling "I'm bored" or "Can't be activated" and start something you haven't done yet?

That's it for today guys. I'll see you again next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment