August 02, 2014

[EMS] Easy Magnus - First solo attempt succeeded!


"Holy sh*tzelthepritzel" as Luxatus Patella would say, I've impressed myself. What happened?

Today a friend of mine (Gaela, you know, that guy who was mentioned in a previous post?) asked if it was possible for me to solo Easy Magnus. I told him that I could better show it him physically than telling him it is unlikely for any Hero to solo it, especially on his/her first try. For the ones who aren't familiar with MapleStory or Magnus, he's one of the hardest bosses in the entire game. How come? Magnus, is one of the few MapleStory bosses, that really pulls out the "2D platforming" of the game. The boss itself consists many hazards which require you to move a lot with a precise aim.

However, to make things worse, my class Hero is known to be fragile. Hero has no real "healing" moves or skills to reduce incoming damage (as of now) from Root Abyss or Magnus himself. So Hero really has to live from Power Elixirs (which recover 100% HP and MP), while the boss room already has a cooldown and effect reduction of any potion.

In addition to that, I barely have Magnus experience. I only have tried Hard and Normal Magnus once with two friends to check how hard we'll get beaten, I have never experienced a single successful run of either difficulties. I have only did four successful Easy Magnus runs with a Bishop (Krexel, he's an awesome and inspiring friend of mine), so trying my first Easy Magnus solo was a real challenge.

Actually,  funny enough, I actually did it. I solo'd Easy Magnus on my first attempt. No help at all. Gaela was on his Demon Avenger (as seen on the screenshot) just to watch my run. The solo wasn't because of my damage (I only did 6x 600.000 on him per Raging Blow), but because I have been playing my Hero so long to understand the class fully. So yeah, Gaela proved me wrong, I was able to solo Easy Magnus. But only because I'm more of an experienced Hero. Also, just see how much deaths I had left, showed it was really a close one.

I'm sorry, I haven't recorded the run. I didn't expect me to solo it. The screenshot is the only proof I have, and my recording tools aren't available yet since my main PC is currently in maintenance at my local PC store.

Well, that's it for today. Until next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment